Spanky’s Stone Hearth is located on Beautiful Rose Lake, near Vergas, Minnesota. Reservations are accepted, but are not required.
Whether it is a cozy seat in front of the stone hearth fireplace, a seat overlooking beautiful Rose Lake, or outdoor dining on our deck, Spanky’s Stone Hearth is the number one lakes area dining destination.
Spanky’s Stone Hearth is the ideal place to host a special party, your rehearsal dinner, or a business meeting. Josh, Jared and Spanky’s Stone Hearth staff are committed to making your event spectacular. We also invite you to join us for special events held throughout the year, such as wine or cocktail pairing dinners and evenings when we have live musical entertainment. Sign up for our email list to learn about our weekend features and upcoming events.
Spanky’s is the Recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in 2012 – 2013 – 2014 – 2015.
Thank you for your patronage and continued support. – Josh Hanson, Owner
- 1946: When the restaurant & fireplace were originally built.
- 1997: The winter that the log addition was built.
- 2006: New Stone Hearth was built.
- 2011: Re-opened following remodeling after a kitchen fire.
- Charcoal Grilled Steaks, BBQ Ribs and Fresh Seafood
- House dressing is a Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
- Au Gratin Potatoes, Garlic Bacon Sauerkraut Mashed Potatoes
- Extensive fine wine selection
- We take pride in using locally grown and fresh ingredients, when available.
- We source local beef and pork.
- Fresh fish is flown in weekly.
- Try our unique and tantalizing chef creations.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Stone Hearth name comes from the fireplace in the back of the dining room. It was built the same year as the restaurant in 1946.
- In the winter of 1996-97, when the log addition was being built, the area was bombarded with 120 inches of snow.
- The cedar strip canoe, located across from the wine cellar, was handcrafted the same year the original restaurant was built and weighs a mere 32 pounds.
- Spanky’s Stone Hearth supports businesses from the surrounding area and is involved in many local charity events as we believe it is important to support and give back to our community.