4th Annual Chamber Event — Thursday, July 11, 2019
- Attendees: All Ages (babies, kids, teens, adults & seniors)
- Businesses, restaurants, retailers, non-profits, clubs, churches,
- Sponsors: Fergus Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Members
- Summer sidewalk sales, farmers market, “Shop, Drop ‘n Win”
- Recreation and fitness demonstrations/participation
- Music, arts, movies, activities & games for all ages
- Healthy Food: snacks, “grab ‘n go,” food trucks
WHERE: Downtown Fergus Falls – from Union to Cascade on Lincoln Avenue, Otter Tail River
WHEN: All Day Thursday, July 11, 2019
- 8am Sidewalk Sales Setup. Businesses may set up in the streets as soon as barricades are in place and vehicles have vacated parking spaces. Open as early as you’d like and stay open as late as you can.
- 9am City crews close 3 blocks of Lincoln Avenue. “Road Closed” barricades will be set up on Lincoln Ave from Cascade to Union. Alleys will be open for traffic. Lincoln Avenue will remain closed to traffic until 9:30pm. There will also be No Parking on the SE side of Lincoln/Court for restrooms & hand wash station.
- 9am – 7pm “Shop, Drop ‘n Win” Bring receipts for purchases made at any Fergus Falls business (retail, restaurant, service etc) on 7/11/19 and enter for a chance to win prizes. Shoppers earn a chance for every purchase – 2 entries for Chamber member purchases. Need not be present to win. Drawing at 7pm.
- 11am – 8:30pm LIVE Music on the Main Stage (A Center for the Arts/Olson Furniture)
- 9-10am StoryTime with Celebrities
- 10:15-11:15am Mona LaValley
- 11am-2pm “The Castaways” @the Bric
- 11:30am-1pm Front & Center Singers
- 1:30-2pm Senior Center Line Dancers
- 2:15-3:15pm StoryTime with Celebrities
- 3:30-4pm Senior Center Line Dancers
- 5-6pm Rachael Ianiro
- 6:30-8:30pm The Fancy & The Functional
- 12:30pm – Close. Downtown Chow Down at downtown eateries: Cooking with MamaSheena, Union Pizza & Brewing Co., Don Pablo’s Mexican Restaurant, The Spot Panini & Wine, The Fabled Farmer, Fiesta Brava, Dining Car #423/Steel Wheels, Café 126, The Viking Café & Higher Grounds.
- 1 – 2:45pm Kids Games/Event Set Up. Check in at Chamber Tent First! Some locations may need to be adjusted based on space needs and we appreciate your patience. Take care of your activity: staff, prizes, supplies and clean up. Do not affix anything to the light poles or pound stakes into the pavement.
- 3 – 5pm Leighton Broadcasting LIVE Broadcast & music
- 4-7pm “Find Your Hidden Otter Quest” – Registration & 1st Clue at Chamber Booth
- 3 – 7pm Kids Games
- 5pm Rotary Lucky Duck Derby, ducks drop in Otter Tail River
- 7pm “Shop, Drop ‘n Win” drawing for Fergus Bucks
- 7pm Tear down and clean up. Be sure to remove all signs, banners, balloons, and trash from your area.
- 9pm “Movies in the Park” with “How to Train Your Dragon” at City Hall Park (restroom in parking lot)
- 9:30pm Lincoln Avenue open. Street barricades will be moved after concert stage removed
Other Important Details:
Electricity: (110v) is available through outlets at the base of the City’s light poles along Lincoln Avenue. Provide your own extension cords which MUST be covered/secured to eliminate tripping hazards.
Where are the Facilities?
Public restrooms: Restrooms & hand wash station will be on Court St. and at City Hall Park.
Baby Changing & Mother’s Nursing Area will be available at Cornerstone Church and Health Resources Center.
Picnic Tables & Trash/Recycling Receptacles will be near food trucks on Court St. and restaurants.
Where can my customers park? All city parking lots and streets will be open. Time restrictions will NOT be enforced.
Things to Do