3rd Annual Chamber Event — Thursday, July 12, 2018
- Attendees: All Ages (babies, kids, teens, adults & seniors)
- Businesses, restaurants, retailers, non-profits, clubs, churches,
- Sponsors: Fergus Falls Area Chamber of Commerce Members
- Summer sidewalk sales & farmers/artisans market
- Recreation and fitness demonstrations/participation
- Music, arts, movies, activities & games for all ages
- Healthy Food: snacks, “grab ‘n go,” food truck
WHERE: Downtown Fergus Falls – from Union to Cascade on Lincoln Avenue, Otter Tail River
WHEN: All Day Thursday, July 12, 2018
- 8am Sidewalk Sales Setup. Retailers begin setting up for “[email protected]” Sidewalk Sales. Businesses may set up in the streets as soon as barricades are in place and vehicles have vacated parking spaces.
- 9am City crews close 3 blocks of Lincoln Avenue. “Road Closed” barricades will be set up on Lincoln Ave from Cascade to Union. Alleys will be open for traffic. Lincoln Avenue will remain closed to traffic until about 9:30pm, following the tear-down of the stage at A Center for the Arts. There will also be No Parking on the SE side of Lincoln/Court to set-up the restrooms & hand wash station.
- “[email protected]” Sidewalk Sales. Open as early as you’d like and stay open as late as you want.
- 11am – 7pm “Shop, Drop ‘n Win” Bring receipts for purchases made at any Fergus Falls business (retail, restaurant, service etc) on 7/12/18 and enter for a chance to win Fergus Bucks. Earn a chance for every purchase/receipt. Need not be present to win. Drawing at 7pm on Main Stage.
- 11am – 8:30pm LIVE Music on the Main Stage (A Center for the Arts/Victor Lundeen Co.)
- 11am-12:45pm Aaron Simmons
- 11am-2pm “The Castaways” Band performs at the Bric
- 1:15-3:45pm Bruce Newman & Tiki D
- 3:45-4:10pm & 5:05-5:30pm FF Sr. Center – line dancing
- 4:15-5:00pm Mona LaValley
- 5:30pm sound check
- 6:30-8:30pm “Concert in the Street” with The Fancy & The Functional at A Center for the Arts
- 1pm – Close. Downtown Chow Down at downtown eateries: Café 116, Cally’s Café, Dining Car #423, Don Pablo’s, The Fabled Farmer, The Spot, The Viking Café, Union Pizza & Brewing Co.
- 1 – 2:45pm Event Set Up. Take care of your activity: staffing, prizes, and clean up. Some locations may need to be adjusted based on space needs and we appreciate your patience. Do not affix anything to the light poles or pound stakes into the pavement.
- 3 – 5pm Leighton Broadcasting LIVE Broadcast & music
- 3pm “Find Your Hidden Otter Quest” – Registration & 1st Clue at Chamber Booth
- 3 – 7pm Sidewalk Sales, Food, Music, Games, Kids Activities
- 5pm Rotary Lucky Duck Derby, ducks drop in Otter Tail River
- 7pm “Shop, Drop ‘n Win” drawing for Fergus Bucks
- 7pm Tear down and clean up. Be sure to remove all signs, banners, balloons, and trash from your area.
- 9:30pm Lincoln Avenue open. Street barricades will be moved after concert stage removed
- 9pm “Movies in the Park” with “Despicable Me3” at City Hall Park (restroom in parking lot)
Other Important Details:
Electricity: (110v) is available through outlets at the base of the City’s light poles along Lincoln Avenue. Provide your own extension cords which MUST be covered/secured to eliminate tripping hazards.
Where are the Facilities?
Public restrooms: Restrooms & hand wash station will be on Court St. and at City Hall Park.
Baby Changing & Mother’s Nursing Area will be available at Cornerstone Church and Health Resources Center.
Picnic Tables & Trash Receptacles will be near food vendors, farmers market and restaurants.
Where can my customers park? All city parking lots and streets will be available and time restrictions will NOT be enforced.
What about the weather? The weather forecast will be monitored and the event will be cancelled in case of bad weather. Decision to be made by 1:00pm.Lincoln Avenue will re-open to traffic. Notifications will be sent email and social media. The Show Will Go On: “The Fancy & The Functional” concert and “Despicable Me3” movie will move inside the Fergus Theater (A Center for the Arts).
How is Shop, Move ‘n Groove promoted? Tell your friends and customers! Advertising will be in The Daily Journal, Social Media, and Leighton Broadcasting (live radio remotes). Contact your sales rep with the media outlets to drive more traffic to you. Feel free to share our Facebook and Twitter (#ShopMoveGroove) posts or create your own. Invite your current customers. Bring balloons, banners, and signs to advertise your event/business.
What are some of the other activities? “Find Your Hidden Otter Quest” for prizes, RiverWalk hike, giant Jenga, line dancing, sidewalk sales, bean bags, face painting, sidewalk chalk art, live music, Ollie the Otter, dunk tank, inflatable obstacle course, artist portraits, Zumba, bubbles & more. Live Music from 11am-8:30pm. “Concerts in the Park” at A Center for the Arts from 6:30-8:00pm (The Fancy & The Functional) and movie “Despicable Me3” in City Hall Park at 9:00pm.
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
Lisa or Jackie at the Chamber: 218-736-6951. Event day: Lisa Workman 218-731-1721.